Updated 1st July 2020 – These procedures may change. Please phone if you have questions.
I would like to assure our customers that we take safety seriously. We have a new set of working procedures to allow us to attend your property and minimise the risk of coronavirus.
Our procedures protect us as well as you and your property. We use appropriate clean sheeting to protect floors and carpets. Masks and clean gloves are normal for our work.
Our new procedures easily exceed the current government guidance for working in people’s homes – www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/homes
- A mutual verbal assurance is the most important thing. When booking we will ask you to confirm that everyone in your household has been free of coronavirus symptoms for at least 14 days. We will confirm the same for ourselves. If anyone in your household develops coronavirus symptoms before the day of your appointment, please contact us to re-arrange. We will do likewise.
- We will observe social distancing and ask that you remain in another room while we work.
- We will not touch anything in your property without clean /new gloves.
- A disinfected plastic backed sheet or newly laundered sheet will be placed on your floor.
- We wear a mask whilst working. We are happy to wear this at all times in your house if you need us to.
- Please ensure that the route to your chimney / fire is clear and there is adequate space for us to work. Move furniture and ornaments where possible. Please clear ashes if possible.
- Please ventilate the room/s with open windows ahead of our visit where possible.
- Payment – we can accept cash, cheque, card, or we can invoice you.
- We will remove and dispose of any consumables appropriately.
- Lastly, we remove gloves etc. and apply hand sanitiser.
We regret we are unable to accept tea and biscuits for now 😊. If you have questions or to book an appointment, please call 01954 253315
Best Regards, Lawson Wight and David O’Donnell